dinsdag 27 november 2007

Just one of those days

Today is one of those days things are going wrong. It started this morning, after my meeting with my thesis promotor. After each meeting I have to type out what was discusse on the meeting, so I went to my thesispc, started typing the report, finished and saved on my USB stick.

Because I've got a new stick since this weekend, 4Gb large, I thought I could as well put some synchronisation software on it, so I didn't have a hassle everytime I went from my laptop to my thesispc and vice versa. Downloaded some other portable apps as well, like Firefox and Thunderbird, installed everything, and then tried to start it up.

I opened explorer, and instead of my regular file system, I saw this:

Great. Everything seems gone.

After talking to Alfredo I got a bit wiser. It seems that Windows corrupted my root folder. Not much to do about it. This is getting even better now.

So far I tried 5 different data recovery programs, it seems as if some data might be recoverable, but I'll have to get a non limited app first, so tomorrow I'll be able to tell if I could save anything. Besides that, I could still try to load it up in Ubuntu, that's something I'll try tomorrow as well. Too bad I don't have enough disk space left to make an image of it before I just plainly format it and check for errors...

If any of you still have any ideas, just let me know, I'd be very happy!

Geen opmerkingen: